Marketing of any product to earn more sales and revenue is not a new concept to anyone who is a business owner, entrepreneur, or any company. Marketing includes reaching out to potential customers through various forms of advertising. The advertising might consist of but not limited to, publishing of ads in a newspaper, putting up billboards, reaching customers or potential ones via various electronic gadgets. Today the world is a digital village, with businesses using digital marketing trends 2020 looking forward to reaching more customers in the coming days. A study conducted by Internet World Stats, the growth of internet users in 2019 58.8% of what it was in 1995, and growing every year.
Why choose digital marketing?
Most of the internet users are youth, teenagers, or young adults. Among the youth and teenagers, social media platforms have started gaining traction at an unbelievably fast rate. Some of the top digital marketing trends 2020 have started gaining popularity because of these social media platforms. Digital marketing goes hand in hand with social media marketing, and most of the time often mistaken for one another. However, when we speak of digital marketing, we are talking about endless marketing possibilities via email, video, SMS-based, and website based 2020 digital marketing trends.
How is digital marketing helpful for both small and big businesses?
Study shows that, in 2018, around 33 million, which is 94.7% of the Canadian population is using the internet. It is expected to grow in the coming year, so if the businesses follow the right digital marketing trends 2020, there is a high chance, they would be able to gain a strong foothold against their competitors. Traditional marketing is slowly waning away, for multiple reasons. To keep up with top digital marketing trends 2020, the business owners need to switch to it and follow the trends.
Big businesses are turning to digital marketing too. The authentic feeling of getting in contact with the brands and labels directly whenever any issues arise, make the customer more interested in a brand. Following the digital marketing trends 2020, many of the brands from Canada have hired a team for social media marketing that handles the query and issues related to their products. This way, the customers could always take their problems to the concerned authority.
So what are the 7 digital marketing trends that will own 2020?
Every year, digital marketers are coming up with new trends to up their game. However, this is only essential if the businesses want to create their trends for good instead of following others. Customers welcome originality in anything that is fun and easy to use. Here are seven of the 2020 digital marketing trends that will dominate the marketing industry:
- The authenticity of the brands: The larger part of consumers in Canada prefers the authenticity of the brand before they make any purchase. In times when scammer and phony brands are emerging with their fraud products, authenticity is the primary key to survive in the business world. People seem to be more interested in brands that have a review from genuine customers rather than bot-generated reviews.
- Artificial Intelligence: Artificial Intelligence (AI) is going to be one of the top digital marketing trends in 2019. Small and big businesses use AI chatbots, which can generate an instant reply to specific questions by the customers. Chatbots are quick to reply with answers that require quick Google searches, which might take a minute or two for the humans. AI helps marketers in buying ads and targeting the right demographics of customers in the right place at the right time.
- Video Ad: Personalised Video Ads are expected to take over digital marketing trends in 2019. Everyone loves receiving instant personalized messages from brands and companies, even if it’s too simple. At times when all the brands are opting for bot-generated messages sent to the mass, a personalized video ad could make more difference than anyone could imagine.
- Voice Search Optimization: In recent years, voice search platforms have seen tremendous growth. A considerable percentage of Canadian consumers prefer to search up local businesses via voice search. So, providing necessary business information about small or big companies and making it available on voice search platforms could be counted as one of the top digital marketing trends 2020.
- Communities: Brands building communities for their customers, develop an emotional connection between the customers, creating a loyal customer base. Communities can increase their business by offering a certain amount of discount to the community members, or releasing a new product to the community members before it goes public. It can increase the sales of a brand.
- Brands and retailer collaboration: Another marketing trend that will bring the brands more business is collaborating with local retailers. Some people are likely to trust the local retailers than any brand, no matter how well known the brand is. Therefore, collaboration would help both the retailer and the brand.
- Visual Search: Among all the discussed 2020 digital marketing trends, Visual search is going to revolutionize the marketing industry. Searching for anything is now made easier with Visual Search. This kind of search can identify any object when the phone camera is pointed towards it and can do a web search for similar objects. Even though it is a new idea, however, this marketing trend is looking at massive popularity in the coming days.
Along with these, experts believe that shoppable posts on social media, interactive content, smart bidding in Google Ads are going to take digital marketing trends in the year 2020 to a whole new level
Many small businesses have emerged in the last few years in Canada. To keep up with all the recent marketing trends and stay on top of the game against their competitors, they should follow the digital marketing trends. It will also help them make a distinct identity for the business. Business owners should not only focus on making the customers happy but also should learn to enjoy their business with fun marketing. Change in every field, including marketing, is inevitable. These kinds of changes are survived by understanding what will stay around for a more extended period.